The One Thing I Do at the Beginning of Each Year

By: Tim Elmore

Last week, I posted a ritual I perform at the end of each year. A second ritual I do is a natural follow-up. It enables me to enter a new year on purpose.  After I invest a morning reviewing the previous year, I spend the second half of the day previewing the new year. I think, write, and reflect as I open a new chapter of my life.

I don’t simply create a list of goals, although some of the items I will list below feel a lot like goals. I like to view it as an action list and a standard list. What are the actions I plan to take and what are the standards I plan to live by over the next year?

Here are the issues I address to create the goals, actions, and standards for a new year:

1. What are my greatest dreams for 2022? What projects will these dreams require of me? What daily actions must I engage in to fulfill them?

1. What standards will I live by throughout the next year?
    • Health Standards
    • Family Standards
    • Financial Standards
    • Friendship Standards
    • Personal/Spiritual Standards

1. In what areas of my life do I most want to grow in 2022?

1. What books will I read this next year to achieve these growth goals?

1. What mentors will I seek out to achieve these growth goals?

1. What magazines will I scan and file to achieve these growth goals?

1. What events will I attend to achieve these growth goals?

1. To what podcasts (audio recordings) will I listen to help me grow?

1. What will I do Monday through Friday to be intentional about my growth?

I want to be better in January of 2022 than I was in January of 2021. To do this, I have found that my issue is not prioritizing my schedule but rather scheduling my priorities.  This means I must put into my calendar those things I say are the most important habits and attitudes I can embrace.

Our character is simply made up of the habits and attitudes we possess daily. Especially in the aftermath of a pandemic, where a new normal has been established, it is wise to lay the tracks that enable us to stay on course in our lives. I hope this is helpful.

New call-to-action

1. cupcake 2048 on January 10, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Thank for great ideas. Happy New Year everyone!

2. Schuldiner on January 18, 2022 at 4:54 am

You’ve mentioned the investors here. And what I can recommend is to take it a bit back, to ease it down. You’ve probably had already seen what happened to the market in 2020-21. And the best niches for investment now are real estate and precious metals. The prices are constantly going up, and you can count on these. I can recommend this in addition https://www.pacificpreciousmetals.com/product/906-any-year-1oz-south-african-gold-krugerrand

3. Starting Strong – Brentwood Academy on January 20, 2022 at 8:31 am

[…] One Thing That I Do At The End Of Each Year by: Tim Elmore One Thing That I Do At The Beginning Of Each Year by: Tim Elmore […]

4. […] The One Thing I Do At The Beginning Of Each Year by Tim Elmore via GrowingLeaders.com […]

5. Jacob2020 on January 24, 2022 at 4:22 pm

Any character analysis has a certain structure. If you don’t know it, better read at least this character analysis essay example.

6. Betty Dawson on January 26, 2022 at 3:46 am

A friend told me 99 papers was a good online essay writing company. However, I checked reviews and was confused, as positive ones seem fake. Was my pal just lucky? I need someone to complete an assignment, so I’ll be thankful if you can help me make a decision. https://scamfighter.net/review/99papers.com

7. James Smith on February 8, 2022 at 6:55 am

Thank you dear, for making such as important information. I hope you will update this information to add more value if needed, thank you again take care.

8. Edward on February 14, 2022 at 1:04 am

Very helpful post for Students I read this article from start to end and found this very interesting. Men Aviator Jacket I got too many new things that I am not aware of. Thank you