At the end of the day, the measure of a leader’s impact comes down to the ways they changed the lives of those around them. This is no easy feat, nor is it something one achieves in a year — the process of impacting one’s culture requires an understanding of human nature, the knowledge of how to build a successful movement, and the tenacity to stand by one’s vision through adversity.
In The Art of Changing Culture, Dr. Tim Elmore seeks to help students understand what it takes to have an impact on those around them. Through thirteen memorable images — each with a series of engaging stories, self-assessment questions, and thought-provoking discussion topics — students learn and internalize important principles on catalytic leadership that will both inspire them to create positive change and give them the framework to achieve it.
The Art of Changing Culture covers timeless topics such as:
- Leader Multiplication
- Strategy Modeling
- Price of Change
- Strength-based Leaders
- Creating Communities
- Big Picture Perspective
- …and many more!
Why Use The Art of Changing Culture?
More than 7,000 schools, businesses, and organizations around the world utilize Habitudes every day. The Art of Changing Culture helps students and young adults:
- Mentor and equip younger leaders to reach new heights
- Turn core values into actions that inspire peers to follow
- Create a contagious movement by mobilizing the right people
- Sharpen their message to effectively reach others
- Harness personal strengths to orchestrate change within a team
- Create safe communities that foster camaraderie and positive change
- Develop a big picture perspective that motivates others to commit to a cause
- …and many more leadership habits!
Most Popular Uses
There are many ways Habitudes can be leveraged to connect with and train growing leaders. Specifically, we’ve seen this resource used most effectively when harnessed as a training resource for:
- Collegiate Programs, such as Residential Advisors or Student Governments
- Staff Development
- High School Leader Development
- Small-Group Discussions
- Youth Leadership Programs
Habitudes Book 4: The Art of Changing Culture is available in a Values-Based Edition for public schools, colleges, businesses and organizations.