Life is full of transitions: from middle school to high school, from high school to a college or a job, and especially from college to a career. Each transition is an opportunity to establish healthy habits, make smart choices and meet great people, but unfortunately, some students aren’t able to navigate these intense changes. They find themselves at a destination they don’t like because they didn’t make the right moves at crucial times.
This discussion guide is designed to prevent that.
In The Art of Navigating Transitions, Dr. Tim Elmore seeks to teach students how to make large, critical decisions in their lives. Through thirteen memorable images — each with a series of engaging stories, self-assessment questions, and thought-provoking discussion topics — students learn and internalize important principles on making important, purposeful decisions that will help them set the right course for their lives sooner.
The Art of Navigating Transitions covers timeless topics such as:
- Risk taking
- Focus and goals
- …and many more!
Why Use The Art of Navigating Transitions?
More than 7,000 schools, businesses, and organizations around the world utilize Habitudes every day. The Art of Navigating Transitions helps students and young adults:
- Master the transitions from school to college and college to career.
- Create language to talk about real life issues in a safe and authentic way.
- Make wise decisions that keep them in school and out of trouble.
- Capitalize on personal strengths to be career-ready upon graduation.
- …and many more leadership habits!
Most Popular Uses
There are many ways Habitudes can be leveraged to connect with and train growing leaders. Specifically, we’ve seen this resource used most effectively when harnessed as a training resource for:
- Seniors graduating from High School or College
- New Freshman or Transfer Students in College
- Small-Group Discussions
- Youth Leadership Programs