The first step in anyone’s leadership journey is self-leadership: We must be able to lead ourselves before we can lead anyone else. In fact, the effects of leaders who don’t have strong character, core values, mental toughness, or integrity can be devastating. Whether in communities, families, churches, or schools, leaders lacking these characteristics can have a negative influence on those around them.
In The Art of Self-Leadership, Dr. Tim Elmore seeks to equip today’s students to graduate with strong character, a healthy personal identity, and self-discipline. Through thirteen memorable images — each with a series of engaging stories, self-assessment questions, and thought-provoking discussion topics — students learn and internalize important principles of good character that will help guide them as they step into college or their careers.
The Art of Self-Leadership covers timeless topics such as:
- Time Management
- Core Values
- Mental Toughness
- Identity & Strengths
- Integrity Checks
- Emotional Security
- Personal Networks
- Personal Growth
Why Use The Art of Self-Leadership?
More than 7,000 schools, businesses, and organizations around the world utilize Habitudes every day. The Art of Self-Leadership helps students and young adults:
- Build strong character based on integrity and emotional security
- Develop habits of self-discipline and initiative to achieve their goals
- Choose their own set of core values for making wise decisions in life.
- Create an ongoing plan for personal growth outside the classroom
- Identify their unique strengths and passions for a healthy self-image.
- Practice time-management skills to maximize each day and do what really counts.
- …and many more self-leadership habits!
Most Popular Uses:
There are many ways Habitudes can be leveraged to connect with and train growing leaders. Specifically, we’ve seen this resource used most effectively when harnessed as a training resource for:
- Freshman/First-Year Experience programs (both High School and College)
- Onboarding for Young Professionals
- Small-Group Discussions
- Summer Youth Programs
Habitudes Book 1: The Art of Self-Leadership is available in a Values-Based Edition for public schools, colleges, businesses and organizations.
There are no reviews yet.