The Growing Leaders Initiative allocates grants once a year (in March for the following school year) to meet the needs of underfunded schools and organizations seeking full or partial funding for Habitudes curriculum. Funds are distributed at the sole discretion of The Growing Leaders Initiative.
Habitudes® grant applications for Fall 2018 implementation must be submitted by Tuesday, February 28, 2018.
Before applying, please review the Habitudes Grant Application Packet and implementation calendar below.
The 2018 Calendar for Habitudes grant recipient schools/organizations is as follows:
|Habitudes Grant applicant school or organization identifies 2 program leaders to serve as Habitudes Champions on campus.||Before applying for the Habitudes Grant|
|Habitudes Champions register to attend Habitudes Intensive in Atlanta for program training.||June 20-21, 2018|
|Habitudes Champions present their implementation vision and teaching best practices to faculty/staff.||During Faculty/Staff pre-planning before the first day of school|
|Students complete online pre-survey||By August 31, 2018|
|Materials ship from Growing Leaders to the schools and students begin with Habitudes lesson one||By September 1, 2018|
|A Growing Leaders staff member visits school/organization for on-campus observation and video interviews with participating students and faculty/staff.||Before Winter Holiday Break|
|Schools/organizations submit mid-year report of discipline records||Before Winter Holiday Break|
|Students complete online post-survey||May 2018|
|Program leaders at each school submit a post-grant evaluation||May 2018|
|Survey results are evaluated and shared||June 2018|
Please review conditions of the grant before submitting an application to The Growing Leaders Initiative.
Eligibility requirements vary by grant program, but common criteria for schools and organizations to meet are:
- Send a minimum of two faculty members (Habitudes Champions) to Habitudes Certification hosted by Growing Leaders.
- Administer pre and post assessments to student and teacher participants in Habitudes program.
- Allow a Growing Leaders staff member to conduct a site visit to observe the Habitudes program at our school/organization.
- Allow pictures and video to be taken of Habitudes program participants by a Growing Leaders staff member.
- Allow Growing Leaders access to school/organization discipline and attendance records during the Habitudes pilot program for the purpose of measuring outcomes.
Have questions? Call Mary Steves at 678.359.6768 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.