Today’s world is full of noise, distractions, and poor leadership examples, making it increasingly difficult for teens and young adults to develop into effective leaders. In this book, Tim Elmore illustrates the timeless principles that make leaders both inspiring and empowering. Too often, we not only fail to develop these kinds of leaders among our students, but we fail to practice these principles ourselves. This book defines the ultimate profile of what Elmore thinks a leader should look like.
Through memorable images — each with a series of engaging stories, self-assessment questions, and thought-provoking discussion topics — students learn, internalize, and apply important leadership principles that will help guide them for the rest of their lives.
The Art of Transformational Leadership covers timeless topics such as:
- Feedback and Criticism
- Empathy and Compassion
- …and many more!
Why Use The Art of Transformational Leadership?
More than 8,000 schools, businesses, and organizations around the world utilize Habitudes every day. The Art of Transformational Leadership helps students and young adults:
- Lead in a way that energizes and inspires team members.
- Leverage the role of gratitude on the team.
- Listen and understand others through empathy and compassion.
- Provide a safety net that accelerates productivity on the team.
- Offer hard feedback that elicits more effort rather than hurt feelings from others.
- Stand out as humble, servant-leaders in a power-hungry world.
- Communicate a vision in terms that others can easily grasp and remember.
- Mobilize team members to become the best version of themselves.
- …and many more!
Most Popular Uses:
There are many ways Habitudes can be leveraged to connect with and train growing leaders. Specifically, we’ve seen this resource used most effectively when harnessed as a training resource for:
- Small Group Discussions
- Intern Training Programs
- Staff Discussions
- Personal Growth
- Student Leader Development
Habitudes for Life-Giving Leaders is available in a Faith-Based Edition for Christian schools, colleges and ministries.
“Tim Elmore has done it again. This book is chock-full of principles young leaders will benefit from. I wish I’d learned them when I was a student.”
– Dr. John C. Maxwell, Best-selling author and Founder of John Maxwell Company
“Habitudes for Life Giving Leaders is a great addition to the Habitudes series. These images provide us with a common language, which helps to build and develop the personal and professional skills of our student staff that can also be used for course correction without tearing them down. Thanks to these principles, our students have become better mentors across campus, and to all of the prospective students. they serve.”
– Amy Glenn, Office of Future Engineers at Purdue University
“I could think of no better person to teach business professionals how to communicate with young employees than Tim Elmore. He has a unique ability to simplify ways to connect with young people. This book is Tim at his absolute best as a thinker, visionary, encourager and equipper.”
– Glen Jackson, Co-Founder of Jackson Spalding Public Relations Firm
“Habitudes for Life-Giving Leaders with its focus on servant leadership comes at a critical time for student and adult leaders everywhere. It features stories and principles for leading more effectively in a ‘selfie’ world. Once again, Dr. Elmore weaves colorful stories and metaphors into dynamic, relevant lessons and breaks ‘leadership’ into bite-sized chunks students can (and will) start using in their lives right away.
– Nancy Ward, Executive Director for the Gwinnett Student Leadership Team, Inc.; Former teacher and assistant principal
“How do you make a term like ‘servant leadership’ into a reality that Gen Z students are ready—and willing—to grab hold of? Step one: pick up this book. Step two: prepare to equip your students with the tools inside to impact themselves, their peers, and their communities in today’s challenging world. ”
– Hollis Cuffie, Student at Vanderbilt University
“For a visual learner like myself, the Habitude images are truly a blessing. These leadership essentials are thoughtfully and creatively placed into pictures that are easy to understand and digest. They have shaped my perspective of the world both as a leader and a person.”
– Cameron Turner, Student at University of Michigan