Habitudes First Year Experience
Growing Leaders works with colleges and universities, providing them with innovative curriculum to use in their First Year Experience Programs for students.
Why Teach Character-based Leadership to First Year College Students?
There are thousands of schools attempting to cover hundreds of issues each year with their freshmen students. So why teach character and leadership? Based on research done by the Higher Education Research Institute at UCLA, we believe a case can be built for its importance. Here are some of the conclusions from their research:
- Every student has leadership potential.
- Leadership can no longer be the possession of the exclusive few.
- Character and ethics are the foundation of any successful venture.
- We cannot separate leadership from values.
- In today’s world, every student will need leadership skills.
Habitudes: The Habits and Attitudes of a First Year College Student makes use of our best-selling resource entitled Habitudes: Images That Form Leadership Habits and Attitudes. The images in these books teach students to lead themselves well. Topics covered include building strong character, personal growth, self-care, taking initiative, commitment, time management, responsibility, discipline, and more.
With college drop-out rates on the rise and an increasing number of students struggling to adjust to life away from their parents, First Year Experience programming has never been more important. The Habitudes curriculum provides a tool to use in a classroom or group setting.
Habitudes will help your students:
- Break out of the herd mentality to influence others in positive ways.
- Develop critical thinking skills that produce better life choices, such as choosing healthy friends, improving study habits, and setting meaningful goals.
- Capitalize on personal strengths to be career-ready upon graduation.
- Master the transitions from school to college and college to career.
What sets this curriculum apart:
- It allows you to communicate timeless truths in a memorable way using the power of images.
- Author Dr. Tim Elmore is available to kick-off the program on campus.
- It is an inexpensive and turn-key program that is easy for staff or faculty
Bulk pricing is available. Each order of 25 books or more receives a free
Download a free sample chapter and free Teacher's Guide sample.
Interested in developing your first year college students?
Contact Elise Fowler at Growing Leaders: 678-367-4189 or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Habitudes is the most excellent program for first year students and beyond. It is a program that encourages and teaches deeper thinking and dialogue."
Sharon Taylor - St. Martin's University
"Habitudes was the most effective curriculum I have ever experienced!"
Lauren Ontiveros - Student