How to raise kids who can handle the real world
Artificial Maturity will equip you to:
Give students the experiences they need to balance consumption of information with
- Help kids mature by having healthy levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Understand and practice the leadership kids need to become self-sufficient adults
- Create teachable moments to show students they are capable of more than they realized
Adolescence is expanding in both directions-starting earlier and ending later. Best-selling author and international leadership expert, Tim Elmore, continues the work he started in Generation iY: Our Last Chance to Save Their Future with a new book aimed at finding solutions to this dilemma.
In Artificial Maturity: Helping Kids Meet the Challenge of Becoming Authentic Adults, Elmore leads the reader to understand what authentic maturity looks like, how it impacts society, and how to create a balanced environment that enables children to lead themselves well and influence others in a positive way.
Artificial Maturity gives parents, teachers, and others who work with youth a manual for understanding and practicing the leadership kids so desperately need to mature in a healthy fashion.
- Shows how to identify artificial maturity in Generation iY and Homelanders
- Reveals how to help children balance autonomy, responsibility, and information
- Includes a down-to-earth model for coaching and guiding youth to true maturity
"Artificial Maturity is a “must-read” for leaders. This book challenged me to change how I lead, teach and parent the iY generation…and to make those changes immediately.”
Executive Vice President, Operation , Chick-fil-A
“Without question, this is the right book, tackling the right subject, written by the right person, and delivered at the right time. Anyone who cares about the future of this generation and the generation following them should read this book.”
Associate Vice President of Student Life, Wake Forest University