I have finished a new book that will respond to the challenges, and even crises we face as we attempt to connect with this new generation of students. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this resource. My title?
Generation iY: Our Last Chance to Save Their Future.
In it, I try to paint a compelling — and sobering — picture of what could happen to our society if we don’t change the way we relate to today’s teens and young adults. They make up the second half of Generation Y; they are the population I call: Generation iY — due to the impact of the “I” world. They have been raised online.
I try to move beyond sounding an alarm to outline practical strategies to:
– Guide “stuck” adolescents and at-risk boys to productive adulthood
– Correct crippling parenting styles
– Repair damage from (unintentional) lies we’ve told kids
– Guide them toward real success instead of superficial “self-esteem”
– Adopt education strategies that engage (instead of boring) an “i” generation
– Pull youth out of their “digital” ghetto into the real world
– Employ their strengths and work with their weaknesses on the job
– Defuse a worldwide demographic time bomb
– Equip Generation iY to lead us into the future
Interested in getting a new copy, hot off the press at Amazon?
CLICK HERE to receive a note from me when the book is released in mid-August. If you’d like quantities for your staff, faculty, volunteers, and/or parents — we offer some great discounts. I am committed to getting the word out. This may just be our last chance to save their future.