Young leaders are not raised up in crowds, but through life-on-life mentoring relationships.
Today, almost one-half the world’s population is 21 years old or younger. Ready or not, they will lead our world into the future. Members of Generation Y (born between 1984-2002) are hungry to change the world and we can help them.
Growing Leaders is a non-profit organization focused on youth leadership development. Through relevant and innovative events and resources, we equip the next generation and the parents, teachers, coaches and mentors who shape their lives.
Founded in 2003 by Dr. Tim Elmore, Growing Leaders serves public schools, state universities, and civic organizations, as well as faith-based organizations and churches. Our goal is to equip and mobilize one percent of the world’s population under the age of 25 (30 million students) to think and act like authentic, life-giving leaders. The Habitudes curriculum has been used with more than 8,000 organizations around the world.
Growing Leaders helps students:
- Break out of the herd mentality to influence others in positive ways.
- Create environments that are conducive to higher grades.
- Raise empathy and minimize bullying.
- Capitalize on personal strengths to be career-ready upon graduation.
- Develop critical thinking skills that produce better life choices, such as choosing healthy friends, improving study habits, and setting meaningful goals.
Growing Leaders helps teachers and parents:
- Create students who take initiative to improve their school’s culture.
- Gain the attention of a younger generation so that they will listen to you.
- Guide unprepared adolescents toward productive adulthood.
- Reduce disciplinary problems so that teachers are freed to invest more time
- Develop students who think and act like authentic leaders.
Since it’s inception, Growing Leaders has created more than 40 leadership training resources, partnered with over 8,000 schools and organizations to train young leaders and mentored more than 500,000 students. Some of Growing Leaders partnerships include The U.S. Department of Justice, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, The National FFA Organization, the University of Alabama, Purdue University, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest University, and the Georgia Department of Education among many others.
*Growing Leaders is a registered 501(c)(3)non-profit organization in the State of Georgia.